ABS App goes LIVE!
Bermuda – 16th November 2015, ABS and Satbeams announce the launch of the ABS fleet mobile application. Powered by Satbeams footprints visualization engine, the mobile application features ABS satellite fleet, services, ground infrastructure, company information and an augmented reality sat-finder – packed together into friendly companion for your iOS smartphone or tablet!
- Quick and intuitive ABS fleet navigation, access satellite parameters, positions and beams.
- Flat Map and Earth View of all the satellite coverage.
- On-the-fly integrated Sun Outage calculation.
- Augmented reality sat-finder to search the location of ABS satellites – turns on automatically when device camera is pointed up in the sky.
- Advanced Search through locations, satellites and beams.
- Full offline mode – take it everywhere! All the data gets synchronized when the device connects online.
Download the ABS App now!
Scan the QR code or click the link www.absatellite.com/mobile/
to download the iOS app.
* The android version will be made available soon.
ABS is one of the fastest growing global satellite operators in the world. ABS offers a complete range of tailored solutions including broadcasting, data and telecommunication services to broadcasters, service providers, enterprises and government organizations.
ABS operates a fleet of satellites; ABS-2, ABS-3A, ABS-4/Mobisat-1, ABS-6, ABS-7. The satellite fleet covers over 80% of the world’s population across the Americas, Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, CIS and Russia.
The new satellites: ABS-2A and ABS-8 are planned to launch in early 2016 and 2017/2018 respectively. ABS plans to add more satellites in the next 2-3 years to its growing fleet.
Headquartered in Bermuda, ABS has offices in the United States, Dubai, South Africa, Germany, Philippines, Indonesia and Hong Kong. ABS is majority owned by funds managed by the European Private Equity firm Permira. The Permira funds acquired ABS in 2010.
For more information, visit www.absatellite.com
Founded in 2008 and incorporated in Belgium Satbeams SPRL is a world’s leading provider of satellite footprints visualization services.
Satbeams operates www.satbeams.com web portal providing free consolidated information about all the commercial geostationary satellites, their beams, transponders and services.
In addition to web portal Satbeams provides web/mobile applications development, data and satellite capacity analysis, reporting and consulting services.
For more information, visit www.satbeams.com